Computers in Libraries 2006: Presentation Links
Computers in Libraries 2006: Presentation Links
They're HEEEERE.
Link on over to presentations from CIL. Even if you couldn't make it to the Conference, there is much to be gleaned from the speakers' remarks. And while Content is always King at CIL, this year you heard more from the dais ABOUT Content, then about tech trends like wi-fi or handhelds...at least in the tracks I attended!
My faves: I think my current " #1 Good Thing" was the Searching the New Digital Formats
Christina Pikas. and
Greg Schwartz
Steven M. Cohen is always encouraging, as a self-avowed non-techie.
Instant Messaging: Aaron Schmidt and
Michael Stephens for discussions about IM
--I didn't attend her session, but I had a chance to chat with Amanda Etches-Johnson, whose
Blog Without a Library is well known. I think her
presentation on IM at her university library shows IM reference is most successful with the built-in user populations like college students.